CUTOMARY MARRIAGE AND DIVORCE REGISTRATION
To give recognition to customary marriage and divorces, the PNDC Law 112(1985) mandate the MMDA’s to register customary marriage and divorces.
In view of this, Bibiani-Anhwiaso Bekwai Municipal Assembly register same. The registration of marriage attract fees fixed by the Assembly.
Per the PNDC Law 112, customary marriage rites must be performed before registration can be made
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION OF CUSTOMARY MARRIAGE.
- Customary marriage rites performed.
- Married Persons should appear in person before the registrar of marriage
- swear affidavit to confirm truly they are married( The affidavit either signed by court registrar or commissioner of oath)
- come with two(2) witnesses (one from each side) preferably family members.
The registrar having satisfied with the requirements proceed to register the marriage.
The following information would be from the marriage persons to process the registration.
- Date of marriage
- Place(s) of residence of persons married
- Amount of expenses incurred for the marriage for the marriage rite
- Name and addresses of witnesses
- Ages of the married persons
- Town/Place where the marriage ceremony took place
The registrar having finished the registration will issue customary marriage certificate and a copy of marriage registration form to the married persons.
With the divorce Assembly process only marriage registered by the Assembly which also attract fee fixed by the Assembly
- Affidavit in support of divorce by party seeking dissolution of the marriage
- Customary, what constitute divorce has been properly done.
- Names of parties to the marriage
- Place(s) of residence of parties
- Place of dissolution of marriage
- Date of dissolution of marriage
The registrar also having satisfied process the customary marriage dissolution form and copy given to the party.
For further information Contact: 0242778236